Updated: Jun 22
Everyone's favorite flip-flopping, first-pitch-rolling, virtue-signaling epidemiologist, Dr. Anthony Fauci, made quite a bit of ruckus over the last week with his ever-changing narrative on masks. Before we get into this week's specific events, let's quickly review the timeline of Fauci mask opinions.
For context, here's a brief timeline of his 2020 mask narrative highlights:
• March 8, 2020: Fauci discourages the wearing of ANY face masks. "It's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is."
• June 12, 2020: Fauci changes course on masks, saying we all should wear them. It turns out that the initial "don't wear them" advice was not scientifically motivated at all, but politically. He wanted to make sure healthcare professionals had enough PPE, so he told the commoners that the masks aren't effective. We plebeians weren't worthy of protection, or the truth.
• July 23, 2020: A masked-up Fauci threw out a hideous first pitch at Nationals Park (as though being a Nationals fan wasn't enough of a crime in itself). He then watched the rest of the game from the stands, sandwiched in between two people, with his mask around his chin. Because of his orders, I couldn't go watch a baseball game like I do every summer, but he could. I will be kicked off of my campus if I don't wear a mask, but he doesn't need one. Regulations for thee, not for me. How privileged.
• November 15, 2020: Fauci encourages Americans to continue with the regulations (wearing masks, social distancing, etc.) even after taking the vaccine. "Because even though for the general population it might be 90 to 95 percent effective, you don’t necessarily know for you how effective it is."
Now, let's get into this week's chaos:
• January 25, 2021: Fauci changes his tune, yet again. This time? Wear two masks! "You put another layer on, it just makes common sense that it would be more effective." So now, we are trusting his opinion that it just makes sense? Is subjective common sense now equivalent to objective scientific evidence? Where are the data to support this claim of his? Tucker Carlson's remarks on this narrative are exactly what I myself would echo. How much longer will we deal with this ascientific nonsense?
• January 27, 2021: Two days later during a CNN Town Hall, Fauci emphasized the CDC guidelines, which are in contradiction to his common sense double mask encouragement: "The CDC does not recommend that you should wear two masks, nor does the CDC recommend that you have to wear an N95 mask. They just say, 'The most important thing is get everybody to wear a mask.'"
• January 31, 2021: Four days later, Fauci contradicted himself again while talking to the American Federation of Teachers in a 19-second clip that went viral on Twitter. "There's nothing wrong with [wearing two masks], but there's no data that indicates that that is gonna make a difference and that's the reason why the CDC has not changed their recommendations." No, there IS something wrong with that. Why is our pandemic leader encouraging people to participate in nonsense simply to give them a false sense of security and safety?
Yes – all of this happened over the course of six whole days. Don't you feel like you are suffering from a bit of woke whiplash after reading this timeline? It reminds me of the episode of The Office where Michael Scott discusses the "emotional toll" that three vasectomies and their reversals have on a man: "SNIP SNAP, SNIP SNAP!" That's what I hear in my mind when I read these constant flip-flops on policy from Fauci.
On Monday, Michael Knowles over at The Daily Wire discussed the question: Which Dr. Fauci Should We Listen To? I am wondering the same, myself.
Let me offer up one more nail in Dr. Fauci's credibility coffin: on January 27 in an interview with the New England Journal of Medicine – one of the most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals in the world – Fauci relented that most of the people getting vaccinated to date are "middle-class white people."
Yes. Our leading Covid expert is now concerned that too many whites are getting the vaccine, and the most powerful medical journal in the world is encouraging the ridiculous idea.
And the Left wonders why more and more Americans are sick of masks and don't trust the vaccine.
We the People did not elect Dr. Fauci. We have no control over his appointment and current position. And yet, he is controlling every aspect of our lives and has been for almost a year with no accountability. One cannot shout "believe in science, trust the experts" as he does while simultaneously blatantly disregarding any data that presents mask inefficacy. Disregarding data because they don't fit a narrative does not make you an expert – it makes you a sellout hack.
If Covid has made anything abundantly clear, it's this: Dr. Anthony Fauci is now a religious figure in our nation. "Saint Fauci" is the godhead of Science ("capital-s" Science, the religion of the Left). It is the only way to explain why all of the above is allowed and embraced by our institutional higher-ups.
He is praised and elevated by the media and the Left as this lone, holy beacon of knowledge and sound advice about Covid, despite his inconsistencies and countless, subjective, ascientific changes to policy.
He is the golden calf at the center of the "trust the experts" worship, built up by the Left to guide us through the pandemic, despite showing the complete opposite of leadership or expertise on this mask issue alone.
He is the god on the throne of those whose religion is Science. He revels in the worship. He requires that all bend the knee in adoration to his religion. He reserves the right to control your life. He demands loyalty of all, and the Left gives it without reservation. Opponents are silenced, shamed, and doxxed.
As a chemist myself, I neither hesitate nor apologize for the following statement: I cannot stand this man. I would rather face backlash for speaking out against him and his nonsense than blindly follow his edicts in order to fit in "within the scientific community" in which I currently find myself. Everything about him should enrage scientists in particular. He uses science to further the Left's narrative and control, and I wish President Trump had fired and banished him while he had the chance. Any credibility Fauci may have had left over has been shot dead with the events of this past week.
I refuse to bend the knee to Dr. Fauci's opinions. I refuse to bow down and worship the Science as the Left does. I refuse to accept his subjective control over my life. Like Tucker Carlson said, my fellow Americans, how much longer will we as a nation tolerate this idolatrous worship of Dr. Fauci? It ends when we say it ends.